Do not host a party here for your kids. Quality has decreased over the past year and management is not receptive to hearing about any issues that occur during the party.
This is the second party we have thrown for our kids at Wonderwild. The first party went perfectly about a year ago. No issues what so ever. Over the weekend, we had a second party for our kids expecting the same experience, but that was not the case. The most recent party was a Mega Party that allowed our kids and their friends (5 & 7) to have full access to both sides of the facility. During any of the play time, only the party having their play time is allowed in the play area.
1. Inability to talk to someone during the day - I tried multiple times to return calls and make calls to Wonderwild about the party as we got closer. All but one time, I was forced to leave a message because no one would answer the phone.
2. Not allowing full use of play facilities - We hosted a Mega Party which allowed us to use both sides without any other parties being in the play are at the same time for 45 minutes. The staff did not know that it was a Mega Party and waited 15 minutes before opening up one of the sides to our party. The younger kids lost 1/3 of their play time.
3. Other parties allowed to play before and after their play time - Other kids were allowed to stay in the play area long after their party was over (all 45 minutes that our party was playing) and long before their party started (kids from the next party started coming in about 15 minutes after ours started playing). The staff just watched kids come out of the other party rooms and did nothing more than announce that the other kids should leave the play area.
4. Play time cut short - Play time was cut short in order to allow the next party (who had already been out there for at least 15 minutes).
5. Contractually obligated party room not available - As a part of the Mega Party, we were to have two rooms available after the party time so that we did not all have to cram into one party room. The second room was not available until long after we out of the play area. All our guests were crammed into one little room and poured into the hallway so they were not stepping on each other.
6. Outside food thrown out - We brought a fruit vegetable tray as snacks for our guests (among other food). We told the administrators to bring out the trays when the kids came in from the play area. These were not brought out at all and were forgotten about until we were driving home. We quickly called Wonderwild and told them that we would come back for the trays, but they told us they had already been thrown out, a whole 10 minutes after our party was over.
7. Management does not care - I called Wonderwild to alert them to the changes in quality of service over the past year and they seemed to not care. I asked about all of the issues that occurred and they made it seem as though they were normal occurrences and there are no plans to make any changes to fix the issues. This is a sign of poor management. If quality is going down and your customers are telling you about it, you should be receptive to the discussion and not try to quickly end the call.
Reason of review: Poor customer service.